Our mission is to drive a successful accounting profession globally and, when you register with us, you gain the opportunity to a wide range of tools and services to stay ahead. To deliver these resources and benefits, we at times need to share your information across our teams and offices – always with a focus on keeping your data secure.
Collection of personal data
In order to provide our products, services and websites and for the other purposes set out in Use of Information below, we collect and process personal data from our members, students, customers, and other users of our websites, products and services. We may collect information from you such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, phone/fax numbers, date of birth, gender, payment information, education history, employment information, information related to your professional qualifications, designations and memberships and information about your use of our and third-party websites, products and services (“Personal Data”). You are not required to provide us with all of the Personal Data listed above, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to effectively provide you with our products, services and information. In certain circumstances, you will need to provide us with specific categories of Personal Data (including name, email address and payment information) in order to enter into a contract with us and for us to perform that contract.
Use of information
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services to you
- To enhance and improve our products and services, for example, by performing internal research, analyzing user trends and measuring demographics and interests
- To process payments from you (including, but not limited to, membership dues and subscriptions, registration fees, voluntary contributions, examination fees, credential and designation fees, or payments for any products or services that you choose to purchase from us)
- To process payments to you (including, but not limited to, refunds or reimbursements)
Internal purposes, such as website and system administration or internal audits and reviews
- To provide access to restricted parts of our websites.
- To determine eligibility for membership, credentials, designations and volunteer opportunities
- To communicate with you regarding your membership and products/services that may be of interest to you
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit our sites or other third-party sites (including social media platforms)
- To request your participation in surveys, focus groups, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our products and services
- To evaluate your performance on continued learning courses and assist you in the tracking of your progress
For examination scheduling, administration and registration purposes
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations
From time to time we may provide statistics about the usage levels of the Site and other related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include information which will allow you to be identified
We will process your Personal Data for the purposes identified above on the following basis:
- Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Personal Data for the purposes of providing and enhancing the provision of our products, services and information, as well as advertising further products, credentials, designations, services and information to you;
- Where such processing is necessary to perform our contract with you or to take steps before entering into our contract with you; and
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements.
Unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as well as for a short additional period afterwards to cover any outstanding issues or queries that may arise in relation to your account (for example, outstanding payments). This period of retention is subject to our review and alteration.
You are encouraged to report any improvements, suggestions, or any suspected breaches of privacy or security to us by using the contact information listed below.
GBL Stride Edutech LLP
18/7, M.S Complex, New Agaram Main Road,
Selaiyur, Tambaram East, Chennai – 600 073.
(Near MJL Swimming Pool)