Chartered Accountancy is offered by "The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India" (ICAI). It has always been an essential professional qualification; people have an idea of a brilliant, bright and knowledgeable character the moment you say you are a qualified CA, it is a significant course in the field of accounts and finance which pays way to various career options prevailing in the financial domain. CAs are in high demand for almost every business for corporate auditing, taxation, accounting, and other legal counsel.
Chartered Accountants with their education, training, analytical mind and experience are best to qualify to provide multiple need-based services to the society, they can do full justice, not only in matters relating to corporate taxation, costing, management, financial reporting, company legislation, auditing, statutory procedures, and budgetary policies.
If you are concerned about great prospects, financial stability, professionalism, reputed degree, significant knowledge base in finance and accounts then CA coaching in Chennai is a perfect profession to start with.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has recently revised the curriculum to make aspirants more competitive worldwide. The revised scheme of Education and Training for the CA Foundation Course came into effect from 1st July 2017.
As per the changes, the three levels are
The CA exam will be held in May and November every year. The course is not new but revised. Besides, the Foundation exam will be both descriptive and objective. Under the new scheme, a student must achieve 40% in all the subjects and 50% marks in aggregate.
1. The first step is to clear the CA Foundation (previously called as Common Proficiency Test - CPT). You can register for this with ICAI post your 10thStd. but you are only eligible to write the exams once you clear your 12th Std. or HSC.
a. The A Foundationis exempt if you are already a commerce graduate with >55% marks
b. It is also exempt for non-commerce graduates with >60% marks
2. The second step is to enrol for the CA Intermediate (previously called as Integrated Professional Competency Course - IPCC)
a. Students need to undergo an orientation program, 100 hours of Information technology training and 8 months of studying (called foundation course)
b. Students can then appear for Group 1 and /or Group 2 examinations of the CA Inter
c. They also need to complete General Management and Communication Skills course – Part 1.
d. Once they clear Group 1 and 2 exams, they are eligible for a 3 year articleship with a firm
3. The third step step is to enrol for the CA Final exams
a. The exam can be attempted when 6 months of articleship are remaining.
b. Students also need to complete Advance Information Technology Training and General Management and Communication Skills – Part II, if not completed earlier, before the final exam
4. The fourth step is to Acquire Chartered Accountant Membership.
a. After completing all the exams and three years of articleship training, successful candidates may acquire ICAI membership.
b. You can get the membership by registering with the ICAI, after that you will be eligible to use the title of "Chartered Accountant".
CA has three levels they are:
CA (Chartered Accountancy) course conducted by the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India). This is the entry-level course for any student intending to take up the chartered accountancy course. This course has been revised in 2017, below is the revised new syllabus.
Enroll yourself in CA foundation coaching in Chennai
Number of Papers – 4
1. Paper 1: Principles and Practices of Accounting
2. Paper 2: Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting
a. Section A: Business Law
b. Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting
3. Paper 3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics
a. Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
b. Part II: Statistics
4. Paper 4: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge
a. Part I: Business Economics
b. Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge
5. Paper 3 and Paper 4 will be Objective type papers
1. Passing percentage: Aggregate- 50% and Subject-wise- 40% at one sitting.
2. Examination: In November and May after passing Class XII
The CA Intermediate is the second stage of being a CA. This is also conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India (ICAI)
Enroll yourself in CA intermediate coaching in Chennai.
Number of Papers – 8
1. Paper 1: Accounting
2. Paper 2: Corporate Laws & Other Laws
a. Part I: Corporate Laws
b. Part II: Other Laws
3. Paper 3: Cost and Management Accounting
4. Paper 4: Taxation
a. Section A: Income Tax Law
b. Section B: Indirect Tax Laws
1. Paper 5: Advanced Accounting
2. Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance
3. Paper 7: Enterprise Information System & Strategic Management
a. Section A: Enterprise Information System
b. Section B: Strategic Management
4. Paper 8: Financial Management & Economics for Finance
a. Section A: Financial Management
b. Section B: Economics for Finance
The third level of the CA (Chartered Accountancy) course conducted by the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) is identified as Final.
Enroll yourself in CA final coaching in Chennai
There are eight papers in CA Final from 2016. Changes in CA Final course from below.
Number of Papers – 8
1. Paper 1: Financial Reporting
2. Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management
3. Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
4. Paper 4: Corporate Laws and other Economic Laws
1. Paper 5: Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
2. Paper 6: Elective Paper (One of the Elective Papers to be chosen by the candidates)
a. Risk Management
b. International Taxation
c. Economic Laws
d. Financial Services & Capital Markets
e. Global Financial Reporting Standards
f. Multidisciplinary Case Study
3. Paper 7: Direct Tax Laws & International Taxation
a. Part I: Direct Tax Laws
b. Part II: International Taxation
4. Paper 8: Advanced Indirect Tax Laws
Chartered accountancy is a professional degree course which offers a lot of career options and opportunity with the best salary in hand. Below describe career options.
If you have a dream to build a career in accountancy, finance, and business, then Chartered Accountant is the best choice. As a chartered accountant, you will learn what is required to make a business keep running. CAs play a significant role, and they have a fantastic career too. The chartered accountancy also provides a perfect way to set up your own business.
It is a wise idea to enroll yourself in a CA coaching center in Chennai and get succeeded in your life.